Vixen's Sphinx SX2 Equatorial Mount is the newest entry into the line of award winning Sphinx Mounts. The SX2 Mount is simple to operate yet features high precision mechanics. The SX2 Mount features innovative STAR BOOK TEN .
The STAR BOOK TEN is the most advanced astronomical hand controller available and is recommended for anyone interested in exploring the night sky. The innovative STAR BOOK TEN hand controller offers astronomical navigation with a large full-color High Definition LCD screen! The color screen is a detailed star chart that acts as a navigational and GOTO guide for the mount. STAR BOOK TEN features. Calculate your offset Here.
The Advance Unit is now available. Installing the Advance Unit on the STAR BOOK TEN enhances your auto guiding capabilities. This allows you to view an image from a CCD camera, record or play back from an SD card and adjust the shutter exposure controls of a DSLR camera.
The Sphinx SX2 Equatorial Mount sets up in minutes. One bolt secures it to the tripod. Beginners and seasoned hobbyists will benefit from the portability of the mount, the easy to use controller, the ability to download future upgrades directly to the controller and the versatility of placing a variety of optical tubes on this equatorial mount with Vixen's universal dove tail plate.
High Speed Precise GoTo Slewing: The short profile declination head and internal motors greatly improve balance and motion around the RA Axis. This innovative, lightweight design guarantees precise motor control.
Unique Motor Layout: The internal placement of the the RA and DEC motors allow the motors to act as a built in counterweight. Small telescopes require no additional counterweights. Retractable Counterweight Shaft: Constructed of corrosion resistant stainless steel, it retracts into the Sphinx mount body for easy storage.
Includes HAL130 Tripod
- RA Slow Motion/DEC Slow Motion 180 Tooth full circle micro-movement wheel gear
- RA Axis 40mm diameter, aluminum alloy die casting
- DEC Axis 35mm diameter, aluminum alloy
- Azimuth Adjustment Fine Adjustments: About +-7deg;
- Twin tangent screws/knob: About 1.2deg per rotation
- Altitude Adjustment Latitude between 0 deg~ 70 deg, 3 altitude zone setting,
- Altitude Scale: 2deg increments, Twin T Bar Handles 0.8deg rotation
- Drive Motor Stepping (Pulse) Motors with 250PPS
- Loading Capacity About 27 lbs excluding counterweight Weight About 15.5 lbs, excluding counterweight
- Controller STAR BOOK TEN
- Optional Accessories SXG Half Pillar, AC Power Source
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Order Confirmation As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Order Shipment If your order is received, the inventory is in stock and your credit card information matches the information, In most cases, we can ship within 5 business days. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order please email us at email@example.com.
Miscellaneous Shipping Information
- We cannot ship to PO boxes.
- Non-standard shipping surcharges will apply to isolated service areas, such as remote areas, areas not readily accessible by a delivery vehicle, islands, etc., as defined by the shipper. These circumstances occur less than 1% of the time.
You can estimate the deliver time to your home or business by viewing the "Ships Within" information listed with every product. This refers to the time from when you place your order, to the time it leaves the warehouse. The total delivery time for your order is calculated from the time your order is placed, until you receive it. The diagram below shows how the total delivery time is broken down into pre-ship processing time and shipping time.
Processing time is the time it takes from when you submit your order to when the product leaves the warehouse. The "Ships Within" time frame listed with each of our products on the website applies to this time frame. For example, if your order a product that reads "Ships Within: 2 Weeks", this means that the product typically leaves the factory within two weeks. If there will be any additional time required to process your order, we will notify you immediately to confirm the delivery period. This time is needed for products that are shipped to you directly from our manufacturers. The manufacturers need this time to fulfill your order. In some cases, the items are custom built. Shipping time is measured when your order leaves the warehouse to when it arrives at your address. Actual shipping time can vary between 2-5 business days. Contact our helpful customer service experts at (888-264-2244) for more information.
Did your shipment arrive damaged or defective?
Please report damaged or defective merchandise to us immediately by email phone. Photos of the items and the packaging would be greatly appreciated. This will speed up our resolution process. We strongly recommend at the time of delivery, if your notice any cartons that look dented, crushed or just not right, open them immediately and inspect the contents. If the contents appear to be damaged, please notate it on the delivery ticket, refuse that item only and contact us as soon as possible for instructions.