Estimated Arrival: Between Jan 25 and Feb 06. *ETA to USA Only
Nexus DSC is an advanced digital setting circles computer for your telescope that packs all the latest technologies into a device designed for your telescope.
DESCRIPTIONUsing the advantages of WiFi (optionales Modul), the Nexus DSC allows for the seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on WiFi-enabled computing devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Computers, Android phones/tablets, Kindle Fire, Windows based PCs/tablets.
You can use the Nexus DSC with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, TheSky just to name a few.
- Red OLED graphical display
- Full numeric tactile keypad
- Practically unlimited number of celestial objects in its database*
- Internal rechargeable Lithium battery
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Powerful Identify and Tour modes
- Multi-point telescope pointing analysis system
- Supports up to 64GB microSD cards
- Optional WiFi-interface to your tablet/smartphone/laptop
- Supports ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker motor controllers
- User catalogues (practically unlimited**) can be added and used
- Can be charged/powered from an external 5-16V DC power source
All instruction manuals and user guides can be found on our website on the Manuals & Guides page.
All software updates can be found on the Downloads page
In the box:
- 1 x Nexus DSC unit
- 1 x Nexus DSC User Manual
- 1 x Nexus DSC Quick Setup Guide
- 1 x 90cm USB charging cable
- 1 x 90cm car lighter adapter cable
Please note that encoders and/or an encoder kit are not included with your purchase of our Nexus units, they have to be purchased separately.
Additional Options (not included):
- Universal power adapters (set of 5)
- A WiFi card (installable in the Nexus DSC device)
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Deep Sky Browser
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Megastar
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with SkySafari
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with TheSky 6
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus and ServoCAT with planetarium software running under Windows
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus as WiFi to Serial adapter
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with ServoCAT and Deep Sky Browser and SkySafari
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Stellarium
Dimensions: 140mm x 120mm x 38mm (LxWxH)
* - Nexus DSC’s internal flash memory currently contains in excess of 73,500 objects while the microSD card extends this currently to over 1.9 million objects but the limiting factor is the size of the microSD card used.
** - User catalogues can be placed on a micro SD card only.
AMT encoders must be set to 2048 steps x4 = 8192 steps (because they are quadrature encoders). This applies to both axes.
Size: 140 x 120 x 30mm
Power: Can be charged/powered by an external power source of 5-16V DC; can be charged from a cigarette lighter socket in a car
Ports: USB, RS232, Encoder, SD Card Slot
Lithium battery : intern
External Memory: SD Card Slot
Memory: 16MB intern
WiFi Interface: optional
Display Infos: magnitude, size, surface brightness, spectral class, double star separations, galaxies morphology, alternative names, rise time, set time, transit time etc.
Encoder: Supports rotary encoders with up to 999999 steps per revolution
Catalogs: Abell Galaxy Clusters, Abell Planetaries, Arakelian, Arp Peculiar Galaxies, Barnard, Caldwell, Collinder, ESO, Herschel, Hickson Compact Groups, King, LBN, Markarian galaxies, Messier, Minkowski planetaries, IC, NGC, Palomar Globulars, PK, PN, Sharpless,
Internal FLASH memory Objects: 73500
Supported Mount:: Supports Alt-Az mounts, Equatorial Mounts, Equatorial Platforms
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Order Confirmation As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Order Shipment If your order is received, the inventory is in stock and your credit card information matches the information, In most cases, we can ship within 5 business days. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miscellaneous Shipping Information
- We cannot ship to PO boxes.
- Non-standard shipping surcharges will apply to isolated service areas, such as remote areas, areas not readily accessible by a delivery vehicle, islands, Hawaii & Alaska etc., as defined by the shipper. These circumstances occur less than 1% of the time.
You can estimate the deliver time to your home or business by viewing the "Ships Within" information listed with every product. This refers to the time from when you place your order, to the time it leaves the warehouse. The total delivery time for your order is calculated from the time your order is placed, until you receive it. The diagram below shows how the total delivery time is broken down into pre-ship processing time and shipping time.
Processing time is the time it takes from when you submit your order to when the product leaves the warehouse. The "Ships Within" time frame listed with each of our products on the website applies to this time frame. For example, if your order a product that reads "Ships Within: 2 Weeks", this means that the product typically leaves the factory within two weeks. If there will be any additional time required to process your order, we will notify you immediately to confirm the delivery period. This time is needed for products that are shipped to you directly from our manufacturers. The manufacturers need this time to fulfill your order. In some cases, the items are custom built. Shipping time is measured when your order leaves the warehouse to when it arrives at your address. Actual shipping time can vary between 2-5 business days. Contact our helpful customer service experts at (888-264-2244) for more information.
Did your shipment arrive damaged or defective?
Please report damaged or defective merchandise to us immediately by email phone. Photos of the items and the packaging would be greatly appreciated. This will speed up our resolution process. We strongly recommend at the time of delivery, if your notice any cartons that look dented, crushed or just not right, open them immediately and inspect the contents. If the contents appear to be damaged, please notate it on the delivery ticket, refuse that item only and contact us as soon as possible for instructions.
APM products returns are subject to a 20% Restocking fee to ensure we can continue to offer exceptional value consistently.
If there is any quality control issue to be addressed, we ask that you follow the instructions on our shipping and returns page and we will make sure the issue is handled.