- Price Guarantee
- APM Returns
Nexus DSC is an advanced digital setting circles computer for your telescope that packs all the latest technologies into a device designed for your telescope.
DESCRIPTIONUsing the advantages of WiFi (optionales Modul), the Nexus DSC allows for the seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on WiFi-enabled computing devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Computers, Android phones/tablets, Kindle Fire, Windows based PCs/tablets.
You can use the Nexus DSC with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, TheSky just to name a few.
- Red OLED graphical display
- Full numeric tactile keypad
- Practically unlimited number of celestial objects in its database*
- Internal rechargeable Lithium battery
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Powerful Identify and Tour modes
- Multi-point telescope pointing analysis system
- Supports up to 64GB microSD cards
- Optional WiFi-interface to your tablet/smartphone/laptop
- Supports ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker motor controllers
- User catalogues (practically unlimited**) can be added and used
- Can be charged/powered from an external 5-16V DC power source
All instruction manuals and user guides can be found on our website on the Manuals & Guides page.
All software updates can be found on the Downloads page
In the box:
- 1 x Nexus DSC unit
- 1 x Nexus DSC User Manual
- 1 x Nexus DSC Quick Setup Guide
- 1 x 90cm USB charging cable
- 1 x 90cm car lighter adapter cable
Please note that encoders and/or an encoder kit are not included with your purchase of our Nexus units, they have to be purchased separately.
Additional Options (not included):
- Universal power adapters (set of 5)
- A WiFi card (installable in the Nexus DSC device)
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Deep Sky Browser
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Megastar
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with SkySafari
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with TheSky 6
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus and ServoCAT with planetarium software running under Windows
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus as WiFi to Serial adapter
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with ServoCAT and Deep Sky Browser and SkySafari
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Stellarium
Dimensions: 140mm x 120mm x 38mm (LxWxH)
* - Nexus DSC’s internal flash memory currently contains in excess of 73,500 objects while the microSD card extends this currently to over 1.9 million objects but the limiting factor is the size of the microSD card used.
** - User catalogues can be placed on a micro SD card only.
AMT encoders must be set to 2048 steps x4 = 8192 steps (because they are quadrature encoders). This applies to both axes.
Size: 140 x 120 x 30mm
Power: Can be charged/powered by an external power source of 5-16V DC; can be charged from a cigarette lighter socket in a car
Ports: USB, RS232, Encoder, SD Card Slot
Lithium battery : intern
External Memory: SD Card Slot
Memory: 16MB intern
WiFi Interface: optional
Display Infos: magnitude, size, surface brightness, spectral class, double star separations, galaxies morphology, alternative names, rise time, set time, transit time etc.
Encoder: Supports rotary encoders with up to 999999 steps per revolution
Catalogs: Abell Galaxy Clusters, Abell Planetaries, Arakelian, Arp Peculiar Galaxies, Barnard, Caldwell, Collinder, ESO, Herschel, Hickson Compact Groups, King, LBN, Markarian galaxies, Messier, Minkowski planetaries, IC, NGC, Palomar Globulars, PK, PN, Sharpless,
Internal FLASH memory Objects: 73500
Supported Mount:: Supports Alt-Az mounts, Equatorial Mounts, Equatorial Platforms
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
APM products returns are subject to a 20% Restocking fee to ensure we can continue to offer exceptional value consistently.
If there is any quality control issue to be addressed, we ask that you follow the instructions on our shipping and returns page and we will make sure the issue is handled.
Some APM products are subject to import duties and/or taxes which you will be notified to pay at the time of delivery.
We do our best to take care of your shipping costs; however, special order products like these may come with a small additional cost to our customers.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.