All Lunt Solar Telescopes require a blocking filter.
Which blocking filter is right for you?
- B1200 – for visual use
- B1800 – for larger field of view and imaging applications
- B3400 – for larger field of view and imaging applications with larger sensors
- No Blocking Filter Warning – only choose this package if you already have a Lunt Solar Systems blocking filter at your disposal. All Lunt Solar Systems h-alpha telescopes require a Lunt Blocking Filter!
Images taken through a Lunt LS152THa Solar Telescope
Lunt LS152THa Solar Telescope
The Lunt LS152THa is currently the largest solar telescope available, and is sure to provide the most stunning balance of resolution and performance.
The 100% unobstructed system will perform to the highest level at both low and high magnifications. Utilizing both advanced high-contrast coatings, and the new Doppler True Pressure Tuning system, the user will be able to experience crisp, sharp, high magnification visual images, as well as utilize this system for high end digital processes.
True Doppler Tuning
True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user. Adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface.
While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
This system has an optional, interchangeable, CaK module allowing for the research of multiple wave lengths thru the same platform. You can also convert the LS152THa for nighttime viewing with a special backing plate & focuser kit.
The Lunt Solar Systems LS152THa Solar Telescope is perfect for the Intermediate to Advanced User.
- Advanced Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha dedicated system.
- A refractor-based system with a 152 mm front objective.
- An unobstructed internal HD Etalon with the Pressure Tuner allows for <0.65 Angstrom bandpass, providing slightly higher surface detail without the loss of edge detail.
- The system includes the mounting rings and dovetail, a Lunt Zoom Eyepiece, dust caps, and is delivered in an aluminum reinforced case.
- Type: Single Interference HD Etalon
- Optical Aperture: 152 mm
- Etalon: Internal <0.65 Angstrom @ 656 nm
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Focal Length: 900 mm
- F Ratio: f/6
- Focuser: 2″ Starlight Feather Touch Focuser
- Blocking Filter: B1200 Diagonal, B1800 Diagonal, or B3400 Straight-Thru (choose from packages listed below)
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
- Weight: 30 lb
- 152 mm f/6 dedicated h-alpha telescope for professional results!
- Internal etalon allows a <0.65 Angstrom bandpass.
- True Doppler pressure tuning system for precision tuning adjustments.
- The LS152THa includes a 2″ Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser, Lunt Zoom eyepiece, aluminum case, mounting rings & dovetail and your choice of blocking filter.
Weight 77 lbs Dimensions 42 × 20 × 24 in LS152THa
B1200 Package – with 12mm Blocking Filter Diagonal, B1800 Package – with 18mm Blocking Filter Diagonal, B3400 Package – with 34mm Straight-Thru Blocking Filter, LS152T/BP&F – Backing Plate and Focuser for LS152T, LS152TCaK/B1200 – 12mm CaK Herschel Wedge Style Blocking Filter with Focuser and Backing Plate. Specifically for the LS152T., LS152TCaKMD – CaK Module for LS152T Scope, No Blocking Filter – See Warnings for this Choice
Latest news about the sun from NASA.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Order Confirmation As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Order Shipment If your order is received, the inventory is in stock and your credit card information matches the information, In most cases, we can ship within 5 business days. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order please email us at email@example.com.
Miscellaneous Shipping Information
- We cannot ship to PO boxes.
- Non-standard shipping surcharges will apply to isolated service areas, such as remote areas, areas not readily accessible by a delivery vehicle, islands, Hawaii & Alaska etc., as defined by the shipper. These circumstances occur less than 1% of the time.
You can estimate the deliver time to your home or business by viewing the "Ships Within" information listed with every product. This refers to the time from when you place your order, to the time it leaves the warehouse. The total delivery time for your order is calculated from the time your order is placed, until you receive it. The diagram below shows how the total delivery time is broken down into pre-ship processing time and shipping time.
Processing time is the time it takes from when you submit your order to when the product leaves the warehouse. The "Ships Within" time frame listed with each of our products on the website applies to this time frame. For example, if your order a product that reads "Ships Within: 2 Weeks", this means that the product typically leaves the factory within two weeks. If there will be any additional time required to process your order, we will notify you immediately to confirm the delivery period. This time is needed for products that are shipped to you directly from our manufacturers. The manufacturers need this time to fulfill your order. In some cases, the items are custom built. Shipping time is measured when your order leaves the warehouse to when it arrives at your address. Actual shipping time can vary between 2-5 business days. Contact our helpful customer service experts at (888-264-2244) for more information.
Did your shipment arrive damaged or defective?
Please report damaged or defective merchandise to us immediately by email phone. Photos of the items and the packaging would be greatly appreciated. This will speed up our resolution process. We strongly recommend at the time of delivery, if your notice any cartons that look dented, crushed or just not right, open them immediately and inspect the contents. If the contents appear to be damaged, please notate it on the delivery ticket, refuse that item only and contact us as soon as possible for instructions.
Brands/Products that do NOT qualify for our 30 Day Return Policy:
APM products do not qualify for our 30 day return policy.
Additionally, items that are special ordered, customized, or engraved - cannot be returned or refunded under our 30 day return policy.
If your engraved item needs to be repaired within 30 days of purchase, please reach out to us and we will have the product repaired or replaced, re-engrave if necessary, and return it to you in new condition.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.