- Price Guarantee
The new SXD2 Mount has a greater loading capacity and is more rigid enabling a more steady platform for astrophotography. The quieter Stepping motors ensure you of smooth, quiet slewing with quick response to commands. The new Star Book Ten, available previously on the SXP Mount, features an intuitive Star Chart Go-To System on a high definition LCD Screen. Features include night vision screen, and optional built in auto guider. Both the RA and DEC Axes are made of sturdy steel with brass wheel gears. This enables the mount to carry loads of up to 50 lbs for astrophotography. Smooth RA and DEC Movement: The inside of the new SXD2 is very different from the previous SX Mounts. Bearings have been added to the shafts of t he RA and DEC axes and the screw gear shafts. The worm screw gears are inspected for strict concentricity and are lapped in the whole-circle for smooth movement.
Increased Loading Capacity: Both the RA and DEC Axes are made of sturdy steel with brass wheel gears. This enables the mount to carry loads of up to 50 lbs (including counterweights) for the visual observer and 33 lbs for astrophotography.
The New Vixen Polar Scope PF-L II improves on the performance of Vixen's original polar scope. Using a 3 star alignment with a smart phone app, setting up alignment is an easy process. PRODUCT FEATURES:
- In the northern hemisphere, the polar axis is aligned by placing three bright stars in the
- specified positions.
- No need to set hour angle.
- The built-in scale is illuminated in red, so that it is clearly visible in the night sky.
- The brightness of the dimmable illumination can be adjusted in 8 steps.
- When pressing the illumination button, the scale is illuminated for one to two minutes.
- Power will automatically turn off after one to two minutes to prevent unnecessary power consumption.
Configure your Meridian offset and time zone calculator with our handy tool Here.
Smooth RA and DEC Movement: The inside of the new SXD2 is very different from the previous SX Mounts. Bearings have been added to the shafts of the RA and DEC axes and the screw gear shafts. The worm screw gears are inspected for strict concentricity and are lapped in the whole-circle for smooth movement.
Michael Reichmann purchased his SXD2 since it fit his criteria of "a system without too many mistakes that would be reasonably priced, yet not limit me as my experience grew and I became more demanding. It also had to be small and light enough to transport in the trunk of my car, lift and carry to a viewing site, and not be too complex to set-up and run" He states that "Just the mount and the hand-held controller, which can do everything that a computer can when it comes to most people's astro imaging needs". You can read Michael's complete article and images taken using the SXD2 Mount and STARBOOK TEN Hand contoller Here.
The STAR BOOK TEN is the most advanced astronomical hand controller available and is recommended for anyone interested in exploring the night sky. The innovative STAR BOOK TEN hand controller offers astronomical navigation with a large full-color High Definition LCD screen! The color screen is a detailed star chart that acts as a navigational and GOTO guide for the mount. STAR BOOK TEN features. Calculate your offset Here.
The Advance Unit is now available. Installing the Advance Unit on the STAR BOOK TEN enhances your auto guiding capabilities. This allows you to view an image from a CCD camera, record or play back from an SD card and adjust the shutter exposure controls of a DSLR camera.
Chris Thomasello states" I have to confess that the night I spent at the field with the new Vixen mount was one of the most memorable and fun experiences I can recall in astronomy. Vixen has hit a home run with the Sphinx Deluxe 2. " See his full review SXD2 Mount review Here
- RA Slow Motion: Worm and Wheel Gears 180 Tooth whole circle movement Maximum Loading Weight::50
- DEC Slow Motion: Worm and Wheel Gears 180 Tooth whole circle movement Rotation Shafts Carbon Steel
- RA Display: On screen STAR BOOK TEN , 0.1 minute increments Wheel Gears Brass DEC Display: On screen STAR BOOK TEN , 0.1 arc minute increments Bearings 9 Polar Axis Scope: SX Polar Axis Scope (pre-installed)
- Motors Stepping Supplied Altitude Adjustment: 0 to 70?, separated by 3 zones for fine adjustment w/ tangent screws (+- 15?)
- Controller STAR BOOK STAR BOOK TEN Go-To Controller: STAR BOOK TEN, 1200x max slewing speed
- Power Source: DC12V, 0.4 to 1.7A Power Connecting Terminal: DC12V EIAJ RC5320A Class 4 Dimensions: 36cmx 36cmx 12 cm Weight: 19.3 lbs (excluding counterweights)
- Counterweights: 4.2lb and 8.15 lb
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Order Confirmation As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Order Shipment If your order is received, the inventory is in stock and your credit card information matches the information, In most cases, we can ship within 5 business days. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order please email us at email@example.com.
Miscellaneous Shipping Information
- We cannot ship to PO boxes.
- Non-standard shipping surcharges will apply to isolated service areas, such as remote areas, areas not readily accessible by a delivery vehicle, islands, Hawaii & Alaska etc., as defined by the shipper. These circumstances occur less than 1% of the time.
You can estimate the deliver time to your home or business by viewing the "Ships Within" information listed with every product. This refers to the time from when you place your order, to the time it leaves the warehouse. The total delivery time for your order is calculated from the time your order is placed, until you receive it. The diagram below shows how the total delivery time is broken down into pre-ship processing time and shipping time.
Processing time is the time it takes from when you submit your order to when the product leaves the warehouse. The "Ships Within" time frame listed with each of our products on the website applies to this time frame. For example, if your order a product that reads "Ships Within: 2 Weeks", this means that the product typically leaves the factory within two weeks. If there will be any additional time required to process your order, we will notify you immediately to confirm the delivery period. This time is needed for products that are shipped to you directly from our manufacturers. The manufacturers need this time to fulfill your order. In some cases, the items are custom built. Shipping time is measured when your order leaves the warehouse to when it arrives at your address. Actual shipping time can vary between 2-5 business days. Contact our helpful customer service experts at (888-264-2244) for more information.
Did your shipment arrive damaged or defective?
Please report damaged or defective merchandise to us immediately by email phone. Photos of the items and the packaging would be greatly appreciated. This will speed up our resolution process. We strongly recommend at the time of delivery, if your notice any cartons that look dented, crushed or just not right, open them immediately and inspect the contents. If the contents appear to be damaged, please notate it on the delivery ticket, refuse that item only and contact us as soon as possible for instructions.
Brands/Products that do NOT qualify for our 30 Day Return Policy:
APM products do not qualify for our 30 day return policy.
Additionally, items that are special ordered, customized, or engraved - cannot be returned or refunded under our 30 day return policy.
If your engraved item needs to be repaired within 30 days of purchase, please reach out to us and we will have the product repaired or replaced, re-engrave if necessary, and return it to you in new condition.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.