Estimated Arrival: Between Jan 28 and Feb 09. *ETA to USA Only
AstroSystems offers the TeleKit in a variety of sizes: 10, 12.5, 13.1, 14.5, 16, 17.5, 18, 20 and 22 inch truss tube telescope kits.
What we are really offering is an opportunity for you to experience the pride and satisfaction of building your own, top-quality telescope. It's easy for an individual to spend more attention to detail and more time on fine finishing than commercial suppliers.
You can also customize the design and feel confident adding any options desired. A 30-50% savings will be realized over purchasing a premium finished truss tube telescope.
We supply all the hard to find or fabricate components, including a light shroud for the trusses and 10" transport wheels and handles.
We also supply all the precision cut wood components which are routed with CNC technology. Only the highest quality stainless steel hardware is included.
These kits include everything but the OPTICS ...(AstroSystems can supply the optics or direct you to several opticians to obtain your primary mirror).
See what Stacey Thater writes about his experiences at Cloudy Nights
A complete list of supplied components and materials is in the frequently asked questions.
Why the TeleKit is the most advanced truss telescope on the market.
1. QuickSwitch Filter Slide: The four position slide makes it a snap to change filters with a twist of the control knob. No more removal of the eyepiece and thread mis-match. One of the most powerful observing aids is now at your fingertips. It is THAT quick, easy, and SAFE! *NEW* The filter slide has been modified to be compatible with 2" Bino-viewers and laser collimators to protrude through the slide for proper function. Thousand Oaks and TeleVue nebulae filters are available through Skygaze Optics.
2. Focuser: The Moonlite CR-2 focuser is standard on the TeleKit. It features precision roller bearings, Crayford no backlash friction drive and has smooth focusing at high power with 8:1 fine focus. The Feathertouch focuser with two speed 1:1 and 1:10 reduction and compression rings in both the draw-tube and adapter is a $390 option.
3. Upper Truss Fastener: Easy cam action.
4. Lower Clamp Fasteners: They are positioned inside the mirror box for an uncluttered look and are strong and precise.
5. Finger Jointed: Both the rocker box and mirror box are constructed with finger jointed Baltic Birch plywood, durable and solid.6. Altitude Bearings: Ultra smooth large radius bearings that move on one PTFE and one ball bearing per side. Drive and DSC compatible. Fingertip motion and complete control of resistance.
7. Mirror Cell: The easy access tailgate assembly allows quick access to the primary mirror. Just remove the two bolts to drop down the mirror cell to clean or remove the mirror. This makes installing and removing the mirror much safer, especially for large optics. The mirror transport system protects the primary mirror and flotation assembly by supporting the primary mirror on cushioned pads. The stainless steel sling insures accurate collimation by maintaining the primary mirror position. With hundreds of TeleKits in the field, this support method has proved to be the optimum method of primary mirror support to achieve the best planetary resolution and deep-sky images.
8. Azimuth Bearing: Three sealed ball bearing sets riding on stainless steel axles. Low maintenance and zero backlash. The adjustable brake is standard.
9. Truss Tubes: TeleKits are supplied with 6061-T6 seamless aluminum trusses. They are protected with a black, heat shrink protective coating. The light shroud, a $100.00 option with most truss telescopes sold, is a TeleKit standard feature.
10. Upper Cage: The upper cage is light, strong and can be stored fully or partially (12.5", 13.1", 14.5", 15") in the mirror box. This feature provides safer and more compact transportation.
11. AstroSystems Spider and Secondary Mirror Holder: This time tested assembly is rock-solid and has four collimation screws (thumb screws for 3.1" and up) for fast, easy and precise collimation every time. Compatible with AstroSystems Dew Guard.
12. Stainless steel hardware: Stainless steel is used throughout with the exception of some internal fasteners, providing strength and corrosion protection.
Our products are manufactured with the highest quality materials. Years of testing, and high standards of production have produced the best possible products in the industry. If a product has not met with the customer's expectation, with prior approval, they can return the product directly to us for repair or replacement (our discretion). We have no minimums on any of our products, so you can stock just what is comfortable for you and your store. We fully guarantee our products for one year from the purchase date, longer on some products. Our policy is to treat our dealers and their customers as we wish to be treated. If an item does not live up to your expectation, please give us an opportunity to make it right.
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Order Confirmation As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Order Shipment If your order is received, the inventory is in stock and your credit card information matches the information, In most cases, we can ship within 5 business days. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miscellaneous Shipping Information
- We cannot ship to PO boxes.
- Non-standard shipping surcharges will apply to isolated service areas, such as remote areas, areas not readily accessible by a delivery vehicle, islands, Hawaii & Alaska etc., as defined by the shipper. These circumstances occur less than 1% of the time.
You can estimate the deliver time to your home or business by viewing the "Ships Within" information listed with every product. This refers to the time from when you place your order, to the time it leaves the warehouse. The total delivery time for your order is calculated from the time your order is placed, until you receive it. The diagram below shows how the total delivery time is broken down into pre-ship processing time and shipping time.
Processing time is the time it takes from when you submit your order to when the product leaves the warehouse. The "Ships Within" time frame listed with each of our products on the website applies to this time frame. For example, if your order a product that reads "Ships Within: 2 Weeks", this means that the product typically leaves the factory within two weeks. If there will be any additional time required to process your order, we will notify you immediately to confirm the delivery period. This time is needed for products that are shipped to you directly from our manufacturers. The manufacturers need this time to fulfill your order. In some cases, the items are custom built. Shipping time is measured when your order leaves the warehouse to when it arrives at your address. Actual shipping time can vary between 2-5 business days. Contact our helpful customer service experts at (888-264-2244) for more information.
Did your shipment arrive damaged or defective?
Please report damaged or defective merchandise to us immediately by email phone. Photos of the items and the packaging would be greatly appreciated. This will speed up our resolution process. We strongly recommend at the time of delivery, if your notice any cartons that look dented, crushed or just not right, open them immediately and inspect the contents. If the contents appear to be damaged, please notate it on the delivery ticket, refuse that item only and contact us as soon as possible for instructions.