- What's in the Box?
- Astrodon Gen2 E-Series Wavelength Data
- Astrodon Gen2 E-Series Astro Images
- Tech Specs
- Price Guarantee
Astrodon LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Individual Filters Only (Filter Sets Sold Here)
SIMPLIFY YOUR IMAGING!
The E-Series filters were designed for cameras containing the full-frame KAF8300, KAF3200, KAF6303, KAF16803 sensors. They are also a good choice for the latest Sony and back-thinned sensor or any Progressive Scan Sensor, Front Illuminated or Back Illuminated.
Astrodon LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Filters have revolutionized CCD imaging. Their popularity is due to their ease-of-use, high optical throughput and great resulting colors for galaxies, star clusters and nebulae.
E-Series filters are designed to approximately equalize the flux of red-sensitive full-frame (formerly Kodak E-Series) CCD detectors, including compensation for the solar photon flux. This means that your RGB color combine weights will be approximately 1:1:1 within perhaps 10% for equal length exposures. This can never be perfect, but it does allow you to take one exposure time for all of your RGB data and therefore, only just one corresponding dark exposure time. Again, this saves you precious imaging time and thus, simplifies your imaging.
- Set includes Luminance (NIR/UV-blocked colorless), Red, Green and Blue filters
- 1.25″ mounted, 31, 36, 49.7 mm dia, 49.7 mm square (36 mm filters will not exceed 36.1 mm dia.)
- 3 +/-0.025 mm single 1/4-wave fused silica substrate before coating
- 30 arcsec parallelism
- ~1:1:1 color combine weights for G2V white-point for Full-Frame (E) detectors
- Best choice for back-thinned and Sony detectors
- Equal RGB exposures and one dark time
- Better color separation (see spectra)
- Better color rendition for galaxies based upon color theory
- Significant reflection and star halo reduction
- Enhanced contrast for HII regions in galaxies due to narrower red (not orange) filter
- Spectral “gap” between green and red filters to minimize effect of light pollution, especially from high pressure sodium street lamps (see spectra)
- Highest efficiency blue filter with less UV
- Correct “teal” OIII color for planetary nebula (OIII signal >97% in blue and green)
- Parfocal with Astrodon‘s high-performance narrowband, Clear and Near-IR Luminance filters
- Ultra-hard and durable sputtered coatings coated to the edge of each filter
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
The E-Series filters were designed for cameras containing the full-frame KAF8300, KAF3200, KAF6303, KAF16803 sensors. They are also a good choice for the latest Sony and back-thinned sensor or any Progressive Scan Sensor, Front Illuminated or Back Illuminated. The E-Series red filter is a deep red filter about 60 nm wide, which excludes much of the light pollution from high pressure sodium street lamps. Other filter suppliers try to “force fit” their orange filter (designed for the interline KAI11000, KAI2000 sensors) for use with these full-frame sensors. Their orange filter (see below) is about twice as wide spectrally as our deep red filter. As a result, their orange filter tends to “wash out” HII regions in galaxies and detail in nebula. Their blue and green color weights are no longer balanced and as a result, the OIII color in planetary nebula is skewed strongly toward blue, rather than the correct teal color. These are the reasons why Astrodon designed E- and I-Series filters for these different classes of cameras for optimum results.
Notice that Astrodon filters are coated to the edge. Other filters leave an uncoated “rim” near the edge that must be blocked by a mask or the design of the filter wheel. Our approach minimizes stray light from polluting your image.
- INDIVIDUAL FILTERS, (not a set) Select: Luminance (NIR/UV-blocked colorless), Red, Green and Blue filters
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price then us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitors website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Order Confirmation As soon as you place your order you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days) we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
Order Shipment If your order is received, the inventory is in stock and your credit card information matches the information, In most cases, we can ship within 5 business days. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address your provide when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order please email us at email@example.com.
Miscellaneous Shipping Information
- We cannot ship to PO boxes.
- Non-standard shipping surcharges will apply to isolated service areas, such as remote areas, areas not readily accessible by a delivery vehicle, islands, Hawaii & Alaska etc., as defined by the shipper. These circumstances occur less than 1% of the time.
You can estimate the deliver time to your home or business by viewing the "Ships Within" information listed with every product. This refers to the time from when you place your order, to the time it leaves the warehouse. The total delivery time for your order is calculated from the time your order is placed, until you receive it. The diagram below shows how the total delivery time is broken down into pre-ship processing time and shipping time.
Processing time is the time it takes from when you submit your order to when the product leaves the warehouse. The "Ships Within" time frame listed with each of our products on the website applies to this time frame. For example, if your order a product that reads "Ships Within: 2 Weeks", this means that the product typically leaves the factory within two weeks. If there will be any additional time required to process your order, we will notify you immediately to confirm the delivery period. This time is needed for products that are shipped to you directly from our manufacturers. The manufacturers need this time to fulfill your order. In some cases, the items are custom built. Shipping time is measured when your order leaves the warehouse to when it arrives at your address. Actual shipping time can vary between 2-5 business days. Contact our helpful customer service experts at (888-264-2244) for more information.
Did your shipment arrive damaged or defective?
Please report damaged or defective merchandise to us immediately by email phone. Photos of the items and the packaging would be greatly appreciated. This will speed up our resolution process. We strongly recommend at the time of delivery, if your notice any cartons that look dented, crushed or just not right, open them immediately and inspect the contents. If the contents appear to be damaged, please notate it on the delivery ticket, refuse that item only and contact us as soon as possible for instructions.
Brands/Products that do NOT qualify for our 30 Day Return Policy:
APM products do not qualify for our 30 day return policy.
Additionally, items that are special ordered, customized, or engraved - cannot be returned or refunded under our 30 day return policy.
If your engraved item needs to be repaired within 30 days of purchase, please reach out to us and we will have the product repaired or replaced, re-engrave if necessary, and return it to you in new condition.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.